Care you can trust!
At Haydel Memorial Hospice our mission is to provide end of life care to patients and support to families in the Bayou Region of Southeast Louisiana. We are locally owned and operated providing a holistic approach to hospice care which focuses on the patient and the immediate family's spiritual and psychosocial needs and beliefs. Our goal is to provide the highest standard of care giving our patients dignity, quality and comfort in their final stages of life.
Haydel Hospice provides a personal touch through our team-centered approach to care.
HL Haydel Memorial Hospice offers medical, emotional, and spiritual care for individuals who suffer from:
- End Stage COPD
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Neurological Diseases
- and other Life-Limiting Illnesses
Our Policies and Information
- There is no limit on the length of time an individual can receive hospice services as long as the patient continues to meet hospice criteria.
- Many patients are able to attend church, visit relatives, and even travel. A patient does not have to be homebound to receive the gift of hospice.
- Our services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and some private insurances. Medical equipment, medical supplies, and some medicines are provided as part of the hospice care.
- Our volunteers are dedicated to providing companionship and support to our patients.
- Our social worker is available to assist the patient and family with their emotional and practical needs. Our chaplain and bereavement team provide spiritual and emotional support to the patient and the family during the patient’s disease and continue support months after their loved one’s passing.